If you would like to require that your (potential) travelers first express interest in a trip, followed by completing a task to apply, followed by being asked to pay their deposit (after their application is reviewed & approved), see here for details on how to make this happen!
Before we start, if you need help creating an application, check out our how-to article on custom forms!
Back to utilizing applications for traveler approval, there are two ways to do this:
1. Keep the trip in bookings mode and explain to your (soon-to-be) travelers that they need to apply first. Here's a [13 min] video recording of how you might do that.
2. You can create two trips: one in brochure mode that is public & listed, where you are taking expressions of interest (and qualifying) and then a second one, a (private) copy of that same trip page and have it in bookings mode (so that only once your traveler is qualified, they are able to pay).
Here’s what that would look like:
1. Under your trip page that is in brochure mode, your traveler clicks “apply" (this is your call to action button)
2. They are then prompted to complete the application form
3. Review their response and choose to accept or deny them. If you accept them: Add them to the other trip (which you've copied & made private) and send them a message to pay their deposit on the private trip. Delete the traveler from the trip they expressed interest in (under “manage people”). If you deny them, then mark them as status as "declined" and leave yourself and / or the trip planner a note as to why they were denied.