When you enable bookings mode for your payments in YouLi, you are empowered to set up packages. Not sure what bookings mode means? Check out our help doc on Brochure Mode vs. Bookings Mode.
What are packages in YouLi?
Packages are different base prices that you set on the planner side of YouLi for your travelers to choose from. It empowers you to designate a different price based on room type, group size, single supplement, etc.
A few scenarios when you will benefit from adding multiple packages to your group trip or retreat:
- You offer Single Supplement, Twin Share, or a Private Room Upgrade
- Your booking price depends on the room view
- You need to manage room inventory
- You want to set MAX group size
- You require MIN group size for a booking
- You offer early-bird discounts
- You offer private packages or member’s discounts
How to set up your packages?
The first step to setting up your packages is to choose bookings mode when you go to edit your trip pricing. You find your trip pricing under Update Trip > Pricing.
Then you click ADD PRICING PACKAGE. You will then get a pop-up which encourages you to fill out the details of the package.
Do you see standard package in your trip? If you have pricing already set on your trip, then your pricing package gets automatically named 'Standard Package'.
What do all of the fields in packages mean?
LABEL: This is where you can name your package whatever you want. It is traveler facing, so whatever you name it will indicate to your travelers what they should choose.
PRICE PER PERSON: This is the base price of the trip for your traveler. It is the base price because if you choose to enable add-ons or optional items then their price could be higher.
Calculate using price per night: This allows you to see what the price is calculated on a per night basis instead of a per person price. This only works when there are set trip dates.
MAX NUMBER OF BOOKINGS (INVENTORY): This feature allows you to set a max number of travelers who can sign up for this package. PLUS, it will let your travelers know if they need to reserve their spot because spots are running low.
REQUIRED GROUP SIZE: This feature allows you to specify the number of people that are required to book in one package. This feature is for those of you who need travelers to book as a couple or the price is based on the number of people that sign up together.
VISIBILITY: There are three options when choosing visibility for your package:
- Published: This means your package is up, public, and traveler facing. Your travelers can book this package.
- Disabled: This means the package is not public, not traveler facing, but it could have travelers booked from when it was published.
- Hidden From Travelers: This visibility level allows you to set discount or early bird package options. At any time you can make a published packages hidden from your travelers.
ADVANCED OPTIONS - DESCRIPTION: For each of your packages, you can add a description for your travelers to see. Add photos, images, videos, and custom text so they can be excited and confident with their choice of package. Learn more about how to embed videos and pictures it in our How-To embed photos and images help doc.
How do I edit my packages in YouLi?
You can edit your trip in YouLi by going to Update Trip > Pricing and then clicking MANAGE next to the trip you want to edit. Then click EDIT and make any of the adjustments you would like.
For a step-by-step guide watch our packages help video that walks you through how to make a new package PLUS gives a quick overview on each package feature.