YouLi just keeps getting better and better :). It's true. Not only do you AND your travelers have a one-stop shop where you can manage payments, tasks, and an interactive itinerary on your computer but ALSO your travelers can access everything on their mobile device via the YouLi App.
Deliver your travel documents (Trip Pages) for offline viewing using the "YouLi Trip" app. Say hello to being able to have your travelers access their trip itinerary, contacts, tasks and more on the YouLi App.
NOTE: Currently only available for Enterprise customers. We are releasing by invite only to other premium subscribers later in 2020.
What does the YouLi Mobile App look like?
The Mobile App includes:
This means that your travelers can finish tasks, make payments, and access their resources all from the mobile app when they are online. When offline (aka traveling) they still have access to contact info & itinerary information.
What's Available ONLINE vs. OFFLINE?
Switching to offline mode will happen automatically when the traveler opens the app while in Airplane mode or if they refresh while offline.
ONLINE features include everything that you can do on the Trip Page from the browser:
- Make payments
- Opt into optional itinerary items
- Complete tasks
- Clicking on location links to open in map application for directions
- Clicking on external links to websites
OFFLINE mode does not allow you to do the above listed online actions but DOES allow:
- Viewing of itinerary & highlights
- Viewing of tasks
- Viewing of travel documents that are PDF and images (not links to videos or websites)
- Viewing of other people on the trip (if enabled on the trip)
iPhone + Android
The mobile app works on Android and iPhone, but different installation processes apply and some features may not be available on all devices.
Getting the App & Your Trip Installed
We know that travel should be all about getting immersed and shutting off your phone, but we often can't completely disconnect.
Especially if you need to check what time breakfast is, it's nice to be able to quickly reference your itinerary whether you're online or offline.
That's why the YouLi Trip mobile app allows travelers to save their Trip Page offline for viewing. This does take a few steps before you go offline.
- Before the trip, make sure you're travelers download the app. You can assign a task of type 'DONE' or send a message.
- Getting the instructions for this step requires coordination with YouLi support team - so open a chat in YouLi to get started.
- Once installed, they can open the app from this icon where they will be prompted to enter their email address that was invited to the trip.
- Once they receive their invitation email, have them click on their magic link
- NOTE: The VIEW TRIP buttons in emails from YouLi will not load in the app, they load in the mobile browser.
- To open in the APP: Have them scroll below the button and click on the long link in the invitation email to load into the app.
- Once loaded, you won't need them to click again, they can simply load the app
- Safe travels!
iPhone ONLINE & OFFLINE states and icons
Loading first trip is shown with a spinner in the footer as shown above.
The icon below shows the app is ONLINE mode:
This icon shows the app is downloading the offline version:
When the offline version is completely downloaded the spinner will stop and the icons will change as shown:
Seeing this icon indicates your READY TO GO OFFLINE!
Once you open the app while in airplane mode (close the app and re-open if needed), you'll see the offline icon in the footer:
Seeing this icon means you're in OFFLINE mode, so you can't do things that change the Trip Page, but you can view anything that doesn't require an internet connection.
iPhone app does not detect loss of internet access if app is already open
WORKAROUND: To force a switch to offline mode click the reload icon in the upper right or close and re-open the app.
Cannot access camera when uploading photos - it will crash the app
WORKAROUND: Take a photo and then add from your library
PDFs cannot be viewed on Android - online or offline
1. Images can be viewed, so convert critical documents to images if essential for viewing in app.
2. Send the travelers to online Trip Page in the browser instead