Highlights & itinerary is where you will share all of the adventures and activities your travelers will be doing on your trip.
Under highlights, you should emphasize things like: your cause, a partnership and/or a tour guide's bio.
Whereas in your itinerary, you should confirm your detailed summary and details of the trip, for your travelers (including dates & times, if you have them).
To create or change your highlights & itinerary, click on the MANAGE HIGHLIGHTS & ITINERARY tab in the menu on the left side of your trip.
Shown on the first section of the Trip Page™️, these always appear with large images. Think of your highlights as key reasons people will want to join your trip, the top experiences you are going to take them on! These are displayed with the photo as the focus, with the text less emphasized, to really catch your travelers' eyes and get them excited about the trip you have created.
If you prefer, you can feature your highlights in the itinerary section too, by checking "also show on itinerary" when you edit or create a highlight item.
In this section, you can create day-by-day summaries or detailed hour-by-hour activities. These appear with a small image and all text, shown at once. Use your itinerary to make sure all of the details are provided. If your trip has dates set, then you can pick a date & time for your items, if not, then you can select the broader days (without a specific time).
You can feature these in the highlight section too, by checking ALSO SHOW ON HIGHLIGHTS when you edit or create an itinerary item.
PRO TIP: You can create a brochure itinerary without dates and when you set your trip dates, the itinerary will update automatically! Too Easy!
ADDING A HIGHLIGHT OR ITINERARY ITEM
When you are in your MANAGE HIGHLIGHTS & ITINERARY tab, click "add item" in the right-hand corner of your screen.
AS YOU SCROLL, YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE:
- Name of Item
- Item Type - This is where you can choose highlight, itinerary or both
- Images - Don’t forget to update the image on each item. Note that images are shown differently, depending on the type of item. Play around and see what works best for you. If you would like a little more support on inserting those images, watch this YouLi How-To: Add Formatting, Links, Images and Videos to Descriptions video.
- Optional Item - This is where you can make this Highlight or Itinerary item optional (and communicate a cost -- if there is one -- and when it can be paid). See here, for more on adding optional add-on items.
- Item Description
- Cost - For optional add-on activities, upgrades, etc.
- Visibility - You can choose who sees the highlight or itinerary item. This is particularly useful if you're creating an activity, as a shoulder-event for a specific person or family, within a larger group trip.
Don't forget to click PUBLISH!
ARE YOU MORE OF A VISUAL LEARNER? BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW HIGHLIGHTS VS. ITINERARY LOOK ON A YOULI TRIP PAGE
NOTE: You can see in the example above that there are optional items in both the highlights and the itinerary. You can turn this feature on and off.
Remember, be sure to click on "Preview: As Registered" at the top of your trip page, to ensure that your highlights & itinerary look exactly as you want them to, for your travelers.
ARE YOU MORE OF A VISUAL LEARNER? CHECK OUT THESE HOW-TO VIDEOS!👇
HOW-TO: Create the Perfect YouLi itinerary