This feature is currently in limited release, open a chat inside YouLi to request access.
Like Registration Forms, but soooo much better because they come with the automated reminders and notifications of normal tasks. Remember, just because you CAN put all your questions in one task DOESN'T mean you should.
We strongly recommend breaking up your multi-page forms into multiple tasks that are ordered so that people can provide information as they have it and you can take action on it as it comes in.
For example, don't require a copy of the insurance policy on the same form as you require passport information. One of these requires a purchase which could take some time, one is simple data entry. Breaking those into two tasks means the Traveler can check off one thing (the passport) and get back to the harder one (buying insurance) later.
When Do I Need a Custom Form?
In most cases, you can collect the information you need using our pre-set response types. These are simple things like yes/no answers, passport information or just a document upload.
However, if the information you need to collect from your travelers is not so simple, for example:
- Do you already have a PDF or Word Form?
- Do you already have a Google/Typeform?
- If you've made a Task and the other 9 pre-set Required Response Types don't provide you with the right fields to collect the information you need.
How does it work for a Planner?
1. Create a Task just like you normally would
2. Select "Custom Form (create below)" from the Required Response Type dropdown box
3. An empty table of custom fields, headings and instructions will appear below
4. Click "ADD TO FORM" and select one of the 3 elements:
- Field - this will be the most common part of your form
- Enter the label (prompt/question/field name)
- Choose the type of information you need to collect
- Choose whether it is required
- Heading - this is a sub-heading within the form to create a sub-section
- Instructions - if you have detailed instructions to insert in the middle of the form (besides the ones shown at the top)
5. You can re-order your form elements using the up/down arrows at the end of the row
6. You can edit by clicking the pencil
7. You can "Enable optional document(s) uploads if you need documents to be uploaded with the form
Once Responses have been collected for a Task:
- it will not be possible to add or remove any form elements.
- labels, headings and instructions can be edited
- fields can be changed to/from required
Here's an example of a Custom Form which is intended to collect Health Information.
How does it work for a Traveler?
Just like a normal Task, each traveler will be prompted to respond and complete all the required fields.
Using the example from above, the form shown to the Traveler looks like this:
How does the Planner access the Responses?
Just like other Tasks, click RESPONSES to view the information collected with Custom Forms.
Once you click into the Task Responses you'll see the Task Analytics at the top and the details in the table.
How does the Planner download the Responses?
You can view online (see above) or select and EXPORT SELECTED to a sheet that can be shared with anyone.
Each field from the form is in it's own column for easy filtering and sorting.
NOTE: All information is also included when downloading selected people from Manage People.