Google Analytics is a free tool offered by google to help you analyze your website traffic. There are two types of data that you can collect in Google Analytics:
- User Acquisition Data: data about where your visitors come from
- User Behavior Data: data about your users when they visit your website, like what pages they view and how long they stay there
Why is Google Analytics important on YouLi?
Google analytics will help you :
- Measure your Trip Page's performance if you're sharing it publicly
- Determine if your marketing efforts are making a difference
- See which of your trips are getting the most views
- Help you figure out your audience type
- Google will show you age, gender, country, device they are using, etc
- This only happens when you have enough data
What data is tracked?
ONLY anonymous page views are tracked, no other events are fired and no other data is passed.
The only Personally Identifiable Information passed to Google Analytics using this feature is IP address. Not all jurisdictions consider this PII or Personal Information.
A session cookie will be dropped by Google on the viewers browser that is cleared when they close the session and does not link their session with any personal information tracked in YouLi.
Is this tracking GDPR compliant?
Please start a chat conversation while logged into the YouLi platform to discuss your GDPR requirements and confirm if this tracking meets your data compliance needs.
How does this work since YouLi is not the same domain?
Sessions tracked by Google are per domain. So if a visitor clicks from your website to your YouLi page, they will be tracked as a new Session.
So while you can view the data for your YouLi Trip Pages, it is best to consider them independently from your website traffic.
You should make segments in Google Analytics to make this easier to see.
Can I link my Google Analytics Account to my YouLi Account?
It's easy to link your Google Analytics Account to Your YouLi Account.