This feature is currently available to Premium accounts on request.
Thanks to one of our keen Ambassadors, Ben Southall, we are offering premium subscribers the chance to test out the new Traveler COUPON feature.
If you have a trip where you'd like to offer a coupon, just book a meeting to review - if your trip is a good fit, you'll get free access to this feature for the balance of your subscription. All you have to do is give us feedback to make it better.
If you're ready to offer a discount to your early bird customers, your VIP clients or just a sweetener to fill those last few spots on the trip, then this is the feature for you.
How to Set it Up
As a Planner, you'll decide what coupons you want to offer. You get to decide:
- Coupon code - something like ABC123, no more than 20 characters
- Start date - when should it START working
- End date - when should it STOP working
- Amount of discount - this is a fixed amount, not a percentage
Once the coupons are installed by the YouLi support team, you can start spreading the word through your channels.
Be sure to update the instructions on the TripPage - if you want to offer the coupon on the page you are welcome to do so.
You can have more than one coupon active at once, but coupons can only be applied to trips with a Finalized Price.
Once you get customers registering with coupons, you'll see this in your Activity Feed and in Manage Payments.
Notify your Travelers
If you are doing it as a secret coupon, then use your private channels. If you are promoting at large, then you should update the "message in popup after registration" that you can find under Update Trip -> Settings and looks like this:
- Be sure to check the box so the message shows as a popup after registration
- Update the text to explain the terms of your coupon and the code so they can copy and paste it easily
- Don't forget to make the text suitable even after the coupon has expired OR come back and update on the expiration date.
How it works for the Traveler
- After they register for the trip by providing their name, email and consenting to your terms, they will be prompted to pay
- On Checkout, they will see a box to enter the Coupon code and click 'APPLY'
3. Once they click APPLY it will appear on their invoice, but it will not be permanently applied unless they pay at least one instalment.
4. Once paid, they will see the discount applied on their invoice and you'll get a confirmation email of the payment.
5. The COUPON discount is applied to the total, not to the deposit amount, so the full deposit will be charged when the coupon is redeemed.
Since this is a new feature it has a few limitations
- Only one coupon per booking - so even if more than one person registers, they will only get the coupon applied once. They will need to book separately to use multiple coupons, or you can create a special "couples offer" coupon.
- The discount is a fixed amount, not a percentage
- The coupon CANNOT be removed once a payment is made
- The Planner cannot update the coupon directly, it can only be changed by the YouLi support team.