You've created your trip and you think it's ready to go, this checklist will help you make sure you haven't missed anything before you share it with your audience.
Are you new? Have you created a Trip yet?
If you haven't created a trip yet, follow our quick and easy guide to create your first trip. Otherwise, continue reading!
Step 1. Review the Trip Settings
Make sure you have updated the following before you publish the trip!
- By clicking on Edit Trip in the Navigation Menu, you can update the trip now that you are comfortable with it.
- Trip Privacy - If you had this private while creating, now might be the time to make it public and listed.
- Trip Dates - Double check your dates are correct. You can have estimated "Brochure" dates or "Set Departure" dates. Having Set Departure dates means a date bar will appear on the TripPage™️ for Travelers.
- Close Registrations Date - You have the option to set a date when Travelers are no longer able to register.
- Make sure this is in line with the trip dates.
- The close date will automatically appear in the text, so be sure not to repeat it.
- We recommend linking to your Trip Shop or your website.
- Trip Description - Clean it up and remember that less is more. Did you add a video?
- Trip Banner - ensure your trip stands out when shared with the best quality banner image.
- Settings - just to the right of Costs, this important tab has all the default text that you can change to make the TripPage™️ feel like YOUR page. From buttons to email content...
TIP: Did you know? You can share the public trip to just yourself on Facebook to see how it would look to Travelers before sharing publicly. Look for the "Share with myself" option when posting.
Step 2. Review the Itinerary
Do you see what I see?
- Use the Preview function to ensure your Highlights and Itinerary show correctly
- Highlight Items - Shown on the first section of the TripPage™️, these always appear with large images. They can also be shown on the Itinerary section.
- Itinerary Items - You can create day by day summaries, or detailed hour by hour activities. These appear with a small image and all text shown at once. These can also be shown on the Highlight section.
- Images - How do they look when you select show all on the Highlights page? Tinker with image sizes to work on any issues. All images are adjusted to fit on mobile automatically. 👍
- Optional Items - Highlight and Itinerary Items can be optional. Travelers will be able to choose to attend these items or opt-out. Use this for add-ons or optional dinners.
Step 3. Finalize Price and Payments
Optional Items and Personalized Costs
- If you're using YouLi to collect payments: Finalize the total cost of the trip. Double check the numbers.
- Be sure to update the cost Explanation to mention any optional or additional costs which may not be included in the total cost and to reference you cancellation policy.
- Instalments - If you would like to get a deposit from your Travelers you can add an instalment. You can set the deposit as a percentage of the total cost or a set amount.
Step 4. Tasks and Resources
Do's and don't for handy uploaded documents
- Have you included all the required tasks? Check to be sure you didn't make them as itinerary items or put them inside descriptions on accident.
- Click through to complete tasks as a Traveler to ensure the completion method is correct.
- You can always add a person to the trip for testing and then delete them.
- Double check any attached resources aren’t out of place or missing context.
Step 5. Ready to Publish your Trip
Let’s roll it out!
- Preview the trip once more to catch any final details. Remember that a TripPage™️ changes depending on the status of the person viewing it. Try out the important ones so you have confidence you've created the right experience:
- Public Trip - open a new "Private" or "Incognito" window and paste in the Share Trip Link to see what an anonymous person would see
- Invited - Add a person under "Manage People" with Going? = "Not Responded", then VIEW AS to respond as see how the registration process looks
- Registered - Once you've registered you'll be prompted to pay if the price is finalized, use Direct Payments to test out a "fake payment" and see how the emails look
- Paid - Once you've paid the People section will appear so they can see who else is going.
- You’re now ready to roll your trip out.