Welcome to YouLi - the platform from YouLive to Travel. It's easy to make your first trip. Follow this checklist to get started and share your itinerary with the world or your private audience.
But first, Update your Account
Have you updated your account details?
If you haven't updated your Account information, the trip you create will not reflect your brand or be able to accept credit card payments.
Step 1. Create a Trip
Remember that nothing is lost after the trial, everything you make is still there.
- ‘Jordan for the Adventurous’ is ready for you to dive in and explore. You can use this template to build upon.
- If you’re feeling confident and have your itinerary ready click on Create Trip and follow the prompts.
Don't worry! You can update everything later by clicking on Update Trip, the Pencil Icon in the Navigation menu. Too easy!
Trip Privacy - Private mode allows you to choose who has access to the trip by sending them a magic link. The public option allows anyone to sign up with a link!
Dates - Nothing set in stone? No worries, you can leave them off for something broader - ‘Summer 2019’
Trip Description - ‘Keep this short!’ A brief summary of your trip, best to keep to one paragraph or even just a video by clicking the media icon in the toolbar - . You’ll create your itinerary in the next step.
Once your Trip is created update your Banner image!
Your banner is the first thing Travelers will see! Just click on the image in the top left corner of the trip.
- Upload your own image; or
- Select from a large library of available images, just search using keywords.
Step 2. Create your Itinerary
So many activities!
- Click on Highlights and Itinerary.
- ‘Jordan for the Adventurous’ includes an itinerary you can use for inspo (Aussie for inspiration)!
Highlight Items - These are reasons that your Travelers are going on this trip.
Itinerary Items - The specifics of the trip. Use these to make sure all the details are provided.
Images - Don’t forget to update the image on each item. Note that images are shown differently depending on the type of item. Play around and see whats works best for you.
Step 3. Price and Payments
The price of happiness.
- Click Update Trip and then the Cost tab. By clicking Finalize Price you can provide the costs directly to your Travelers
- Be sure to update the Explanation from the sample wording provided.
Due Dates - Provide a due date for and turn on Automated Reminders for the Balance Due by clicking the pencil. Add instalments to be paid by clicking on +Add deposit.
Payment Methods - In order to collect payments by credit card, you will have set up your Stripe or Square details on your Account settings.
Step 4. Tasks and Resources
To do’s and handy documents
- Create tasks to remind and ensure your Travelers are prepared.
- You can attach files to a task for further information
- Attached and uploaded files can be viewed and downloaded in the Resources section of the TripPage. You can re-label this for Travelers.
Visibility - Adjust the Assigned to options on a Task to pick which Travelers have access.
Response Type - There are many types of responses to a task from Yes or No to full Passport details
Step 5. Preview the Trip as a Traveler
What do your Travelers see?
- You can preview the Trip at any stage to view as a Traveler by clicking ‘Preview Travel Page’ at the top of the page
- Preview shows you what a registered Traveler who has not yet paid will see.
- You can also view what specific Travelers see once Travelers have registered to the trip. Navigate to People and click View As (see step 8)
Label - The labels the Traveler sees are all customizable.
Highlights and Itinerary - Check out Highlights and Itinerary to see the Itinerary items you created.